Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Beards, part II

This conversation took place while I was writing the previous post about beards.

me: I can't think of Mr. Manson's first name. (note: I suppose I could have just called him Manson, but I like to be polite at all times, hence the formal salutation.)
Matt: Who is Mr. Manson?
Matt: The killer?
me: Yeah
Matt: It's Charles, why?
me: I was trying to think of an untrustworthy person with a beard.
Matt: Jesus
me: Jesus is trustworthy, he died for our sins.
Matt: Oh yeah.
Matt: Does that make him trustworthy though?
Matt: Why isn't Charles Manson trustworthy?
me: Because he killed people.
me: He might kill me.
Matt: He is in jail for life and every time his parole comes up, he tells the parole board that he would do it again.
Matt: That sounds pretty trustworthy to me.
Matt: What about David Koresh? He wasn't trustworthy. Or Ted Kazinski, the unabomber. He had a beard.
Matt: Why are you thinking about this anyway?
me: I'm writing a blog about beards.
Matt: Are you writing about my beard? Because it turns red when I'm in the sun.
me: I'll mention that.
Matt: Mention everything I said.
me: Ok, but David Koresh didn't have a beard.
Matt: He had stubble.

So, for the record: Matt's beard turns red in the sun.

1 comment: