Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Jury Duty, Part II

I take back everything I said earlier today. Jury duty sucks! So very hard! I'm going to be without access to my phone or the Internet for like eight hours a day FOR FIVE DAYS!!!!! It is NOTHING like Law & Order! Law & Order only last for one hour tops, unless it's a marathon on TNT, and then it could easily last for up to eight hours, but at least you can lounge on your couch in PJ's eating leftover Chinese food during a Law & Order marathon. I don't think they would take kindly to that in the jury box. But I will leave you with this: I should have worn the hard hat/alpaca sweater/feather boa/no pants outfit. I would have been dismissed immediately. They totally judged us based on our interpretation of "important business meeting" clothes, and those that didn't pass muster got dismissed. For example, the old woman with the prison tattoos on her hands, and the man wearing sweatpants and a tie-dye bandanna. Geniuses. Lucky bastard geniuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment