Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Historical Hotties - Part II

See Part I here

Nathaniel Hawthorne


Vital statistics:
-1804 – 1864
-American author
-Wrote The Scarlett Letter
-Pals with Henry David Thoreau and Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nathaniel Hawthorne’s attraction is two-fold: he was a fresh-faced young thing (warning: did not age well) with a snappy fashion sense, but more important, he was a creative mover and shaker of his time. And who doesn’t love the brooding writer type? I’m sure he was the kind of guy who’d say, “Oh baby, you’re my muse. I’m going to base a character on you.” (Just hopefully not Hester Prynne. She had it kind of rough.)

2 comments:

  1. You probably think I'm a weirdo stalker for commenting on most of your posts, but I'm not, I swear. :) You just write really funny stuff!

    Anyway, I had a crush on Nathaniel Hawthorne after seeing this portrait in the famous House of the Seven Gables in Salem. He's very dreamy.

    Have you even seen the portrait of a young John C. Calhoun? Now he's a EAMPILF (early American patriot I'd like to...you know).

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!! John C. Calhoun is totally on my list too! I am so glad that I'm not the only one who develops crushes on historical figures. And "EAMPILF" is pure brilliance.

    ReplyDelete