Thursday, July 15, 2010

My Career

I took an online career test over the weekend, and discovered, to my dismay, that my best career choices are: funeral director, motel clerk or member of the clergy. It was like a 500 question test, so I was legitimately pissed off that I spent all that time answering questions about my personality and didn't end up with something more awesome. I was looking for confirmation that I should be making a LOT of money doing either a) nothing or b) something fun, and instead it gives me the three creepiest career options available. I'm like a Rob Zombie movie waiting to happen. My future was looking pretty bleak.

However my attitude completely turned around yesterday when, while driving home from work, I spotted a red Mustang with the tag "BEARDDS" which clearly means BEAR DENTIST, am I right?! I nearly wrecked my car trying to get a good look at this guy, but all I could tell is that he's bald and doesn't look as tough as you would imagine a bear dentist to be. They probably use tranquilizers.

Anyway, it got me thinking that if this guy can be a bear dentist, then perhaps I'm being too closed-minded in thinking about my career options. I love animals! I should totally be working them. Why not a dolphin make-up artist? Or a tiger masseuse? I feel like a whole new world of possibility has opened up for me.

I'm going to keep my eye on the job listings on Craigslist. So far, I've only found ads for dog walkers, but I'm telling you, it's only a matter of time before someone needs a llama dance instructor or something. And when that time comes, they'll know who to call.

3 comments:

  1. You had me at bear dentist. I heart this post so hard.

    I took one of those job tests and it said I should be a file clerk or accountant. Apparently I should be working at the most boring jobs of ALL TIME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should join the graphic artists!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog via Maria. Oh goodness, I was laughing from the start because, I too, have taken one of those exhaustive tests. Me, the English major, who can't even sit in a park with out itching and looking around maddeningly for insects crawling up my arms and legs, and I get environmental scientist as a career option--but get this, that was my only result!

    ReplyDelete