Thursday, February 17, 2011

I Dream of... Having the Coolest House EVER!

It has always been a dream of mine to have a room in my house that is an exact replica of the interior of Jeannie's bottle from everyone's favorite classic television show, "I Dream of Jeannie."




I have spent countless hours scouring Google for a pre-made, round, purple velvet couch, but to no avail. I think I'm going to have to go custom on this one. In fact, I might as well go custom with the whole thing, because I don't want it to look tacky.

And if it turns out well, then I can work on dedicating the rest of my house into set replicas from awesome TV shows, e.g., Brady Bunch kitchen, Cosby Show living room, etc. (By the way, all of this is based on the assumption that I am going to have an enormous house someday with more rooms than I know what to do with.)

The only thing I can't figure out is, what will the Jeannie room be used for? At first glance you would think that it would be the perfect room to get high in, (say no to drugs!) but that would really stink up the velvet, and plus I don't want any fires.

 It can't be a room for romantic rendezvous either because that's kind of fetish-y and creepy, and then you couldn't hang out in there with your friends. And let's be honest, the whole point of having a really awesome room in your house is to show it off to all your friends so that they can be jealous.

I suppose I could install a TV in the wall, but wouldn't that take away from the authenticity? I'm kind of stumped here. Maybe that's why Jeannie didn't like being forced into her bottle, because there wasn't shit to do in there. Geez, give a girl a magazine or something. I better hide a Gameboy behind some of those fancy cushions.

4 comments:

  1. i always wanted a room like Jeannie's too. Maybe it could be your girl hang out room? Include a minibar, well-stocked cabinet of snacks and trashy magazines. You could enjoy it solo or when you have your girlfriends over for ladies night:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duh booze AND seances! How did I not think of that before? Thanks girls. By the way, did you know that the original Jeannie bottle was actually a limited edition Jim Beam bottle? I think it's a sign!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want one, but w/ a Neo Classical Euro theme w/ Montreal Expo '67 accents as well, but primarily California Classic. :o) I love your blog btw!

    ReplyDelete